Cold spark fountains are a new and innovative special effect that produces a fountain of sparks that are cold to the touch and safe to use indoors and outdoors. They do not use any pyrotechnics or combustible materials, but instead simulate the pyrotechnic effect using a proprietary blend of metal granules that are heated up by a machine. The result is a stunning spark effect that can be controlled in height, duration, and intensity.
If you are looking for a way to add some wow factor to your event, you might have considered using sparklers. Sparklers are a popular choice for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations, as they create a dazzling display of light and sound. However, traditional sparklers also come with some drawbacks. They can be dangerous, messy, smoky, and restricted by fire codes and regulations. That's why many people are turning to cold spark fountains instead.
In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about cold spark fountains, including how they work, what are their benefits, how to use them safely and effectively, and where to buy them.
How do cold spark fountains work?
Cold spark fountains work by using a machine that heats up small grains of metal powder that are loaded into the machine from pre-measured pouches. The machine has a fan that blows the heated grains out of a nozzle, creating a fountain of sparks that can reach up to 10 feet high. The sparks are cool to the touch and do not catch fire or burn anything they come in contact with. The machine can be programmed to create different patterns and effects, such as bursts, waves, chases, and fades.
The metal powder used in cold spark fountains is made of natural mineral compounds that contain no explosive or flammable content. The most common ingredients are titanium and zirconium(Of course, we would like to solemnly declare that Igracelite cold spark powder does not contain zirconium tetrachloride (ZrCl4) and other combustion accelerants.), which are widely used in aerospace and medical industries. The powder is designed for use only in cold sparkler machines and must be used as directed in the instruction manual.
What are the benefits of cold spark fountains?
Cold spark fountains have many advantages over traditional sparklers and other pyrotechnic effects. Some of the benefits are:
- They are safe to use indoors and outdoors. Unlike traditional sparklers that can cause burns, fires, or injuries, cold spark fountains are harmless and do not pose any fire hazard. They can be used in any venue without worrying about fire codes or permits.
- They are environmentally friendly and easy to clean up. Cold spark fountains do not produce any smoke or odor, and leave no residue or mess behind. The metal powder is biodegradable and can be disposed of safely.
- They are versatile and customizable. Cold spark fountains can be used for any occasion and theme, such as weddings, birthdays, corporate events, concerts, festivals, and more. They can be synchronized with music, lighting, or other effects to create a stunning show. They can also be adjusted in height, duration, and intensity to suit your preferences and needs.
- They are affordable and costeffective. Cold spark fountains are cheaper than traditional pyrotechnics and require less equipment and personnel to operate. They also have a longer run time than most pyrotechnic effects, giving you more value for your money.
How to use cold spark fountains safely and effectively?
Cold spark fountains are easy to use and operate, but there are some safety precautions and tips you should follow to ensure a successful event. Here are some of them:
- Read the instruction manual carefully before using the Cold Spark Fountains. Follow the manufacturer's guidelines on how to set up, operate, maintain, and store the machine.
- Use only the approved metal powder for the machine. Do not mix different brands or types of powder or use any other substance in the machine.
After use, please use the cleaning function and turn on the machine for cleaning to ensure a longer service life of Cold Spark Fountains.